As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Strategic Cloud Migrations & Adoptions team is seeking a cloud solutions architect and hand-on developer who can help our client applications migrate to the private and public cloud platforms. As a cloud specialist, you will need to work closely with Sr. Cloud Solution Architects and with the business applications teams to provide target state cloud architecture, guidance for migrating from current state to target state and periodically report on the progress of the migration. Additionally, the individual will need to create proof of concept when solutioning for new products, work across cross functional teams to drive features and remove blockers and create high quality documentation to capture the provided cloud solutions as reusable patterns to enable mass adoptions. Our team success will be rated on the number of applications migrated to the cloud.
* Quickly come up to speed with the private Kubernetes cloud platform and the products in the public cloud platform.
* Work with application teams to determine the current state architecture
* Support the creation of target state cloud architecture
* Support the creation of a migration plan to enable seamless cloud adoption without business interruptions
* Follow up and report on the application team progress as per plan
* Proactively provide needed technical guidance when business functionality developers face technical challenges when adopting cloud products and platforms
* Individually or working with business application developers create PoC and/or prototypes when adoption new products or to prove out specific solution patterns.
* Escalate early and work across cross functional teams to remove blockers and drive platform feature implementation.
* Create and maintain high quality documentation capturing architectural solutions provided as reusable patterns to achieve mass adoption of cloud platforms and products.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Demonstrated hands on experience, building large scale distribution systems- architecture experience is a plus; building microservices on Kubernetes- Kubernetes CKAD certification is a plus; building applications on AWS- AWS certification is a plus
* Knowledge of cloud native design principles is a plus.
* Strong expertise with Java and Spring frameworks- Python knowledge is a plus.
* Strong expertise working with cross functional teams to deliver results.
* Strong knowledge of design patterns and industry standards
* Experience of leading at least one successful implementation of migrating a running application from one infrastructure to another, or experience as a lead developer.
* Experience migrating monolith applications to a microservices architecture on Kubernetes is a plus.
* Ability to work and deliver results with geographically dispersed teams.
* Financial Services / Asset & Wealth Management industry experience or knowledge is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...