An effective Data Architecture and Data Management strategy is critical to delivering on our business objectives, reducing costs, lowering risk, increasing performance and providing transparency required by various stakeholders.
The Data Architect will work as part of the Onyx by JPMorgan Chase Data Architecture team to meet strategic deliverables by agreeing and delivering artefacts such as the Business Entity Model, State Model, Controlled Vocabulary and Communication Schemas and govern their implementation and traceability from Logical and Physical schemas.
The Data Architect will be responsible for developing a common data dictionary that will underpin communication, requirements gathering, model definition and design planning across all Onyx Product areas, working closely and collaboratively with the Business stakeholders and Technical delivery teams, ensuring that the design is implementable and that delivery is consistent with the agreed design and Business capabilities.
The Data Architect will also work with the JPMC Chief Data Office (CDO), Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB), Central Technology Organization (CTO) and Onyx core architecture teams on standards, tooling and assurance of ongoing Data Architecture deliverables such as Data Lineage, Lifecycle Management, Quality Monitoring and Metadata Management.
Experience in developing Business Entity taxonomies and leveraging them to express requirements in Conceptual and Logical models that can be shared with all stakeholders.
Strong experience of several major technology implementation projects, ideally with a strong data orientation'
Strong working knowledge and experience of Data Modelling and Meta-modelling.
Experience with market-leading Data Modelling tools such as Erwin, Power Designer and MagicDraw
Experience in creating, contributing to and reviewing Architecture and Development artefacts such as Logical Data Models.
Ability to ensure traceability between Conceptual/Logical models and Physical Schema implementations for key/critical Business Entities.
Experience of Data and Data Architecture processes and the development of artefacts such as Controlled Vocabulary, Ontology, Taxonomy, Business Information Model, Logical and Physical Data Modelling.
Knowledge of core Data Architecture capabilities, including Master and Reference Data Management, Data Quality (DQ), Metadata Management, Data Taxonomy, Data Integration, Data Migration and Data Modelling
Knowledge of and preferably development with industry standard models such as ISO 20022, FIBO and IBM IFW.
* Knowledge of different data modelling methodologies such as 3NF, Deformalized (Star Schema), Data Vault, XML Schema etc. with the ability to read and understand data models presented in a variety of formats.
Ability to collaborate with business teams in order to understand, translate, review and playback requirements into Logical Data Models, Interface Specifications, Taxonomies and Controlled Vocabularies.
* Ability to understand, communicate and operate at Business, Technical, Application and Technology levels of Data and Data Architecture.
* Assist with the definition and documentation of current state and future state Data Architecture models.
* Assist with the definition, communication and implementation of data policies, standards and processes
* Develop, own and manage the data modelling best practices, patterns and standards.
* Ensure appropriate enterprise data/information policies, principles and standards are adhered to and implemented throughout project delivery
* Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or appropriate career experience.
* Strong collaboration and relationship management skills to work effectively across a wide range of stakeholders to gain buy-in and drive progress
* Working knowledge of data dictionaries/controlled vocabularies,
* Ability to drive results in a fast-paced, challenging environment
* Ability to work independently, taking a leadership role on specific efforts
* Ability to multi-task, moving easily between strategy and execution
* Strong verbal and written communication skills - must be able to synthesize data into concise messages for leadership
* Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
* Outstanding attention to detail, follow-up skills and results-orientation
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...