YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
To design, develop, implement and maintain new IT solutions as well as implement changes and enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls and output.
• Develops system software code using commonly known best practices. Willing to adhere to Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) standards and policies regarding software development.
• Prepares, executes and documents development tests and evaluations.
• Prepares and maintains documentation in accordance with the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) phases
• Makes recommendations for revisions and refinements in programs to account for changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations.
• Provides technical support to customers during software warranty period.
• Provides consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels.
• Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Prepares and leads implementation of systems/applications into test and production environments.
• Leads teams of peers and junior level software engineers through the software development life-cycle.
• Revises and refines programs to account for changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations.
• Participates in training of peers and junior level engineers in new or modified systems/applications.
• Works independently with moderate to little guidance from higher level staff or management.
• Ensures compliance with SDLC, Application Development, EA, CCRM, DBA, Data, and Security standards and procedures with moderate to little guidance from higher level staff
• Reviews, assists and provides feedback to Requirements Analysis team in developing the Software Requirements Document (SRD).
• Applies specific functional knowledge to analyze and resolve moderate, complex to difficult problems.
• Designs, codes, debugs, and maintains moderate, complex to difficult computer programs.
• Communicates moderate to complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical personnel
• Communicates information in line with the target audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• May be tasked with the Technical Leader role of a project with the responsibility of full software life-cycle development from requirements analysis to project closeout.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Five (5) to Ten (10) years of advanced experience and programming knowledge in distributed Java, J2EE technologies and frameworks, Java Script and JS frameworks, such as JSP, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, Struts, Spring & Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven, log4j, JUnit, jQuery, DOJO, Angular, HTML and CSS.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of advanced experience/knowledge in Web Services, including: WSDL; SOAP/XML based web services, RESTful web services.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of advanced experience/knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) concepts.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of technical leadership experience leading software teams through the entire software development life-cycle.
• XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
• Effective/demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
• Effective/demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercise initiative, and use good judgment.
• Effective Skill in using Microsoft® Office suite: MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS SharePoint, etc.
• Advanced degree or formal training in software development/engineering
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Azure DevOps: Pipelines, Releases, Backlogs, Wiki
• Experience with IBM® Datapower, IBM® Integration Bus© (IIB), IBM® MQ and IBM® WebSphere.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of financial industry applications and systems
• High skill to advanced experience/knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC).
• High skill to advanced experience/knowledge of software development best practices in accordance with the ITIL® or CMMI® capability models.
• High skill to advanced experience/knowledge in systems, workflow and procedural analysis.
• IT Industry Certifications in good standing
• Effective skills with Microsoft® .NET Framework and C#, VB.NET.
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes, and procedures
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Flex time available
Employee may be required to work outside normal working hours to provide technical support during product implementation efforts.
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...