Payments is a rapidly evolving, high-profile space and JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM), as one of the industry's largest and most important players, has an enormous opportunity to shape its future. The Payment Networks Office is at the nexus of these exciting developments by redefining our relationships with our Network partners (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, etc.).
As a member of the Payment Network Office's Strategy and Analytics team, you will be accountable for providing data-driven strategic insights that help drive our international Network strategy. This includes topics such as network fees, rules, new products, and interchange. You will also partner across the firm on strategic initiatives that directly drive profitability. This role will have significant opportunity to network across many different functional groups, geographies, and will have direct exposure to the Head of the JPMC Payment Network Office along with other senior leaders.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Analyzing consumer, merchant, network, and industry data; helping to solve problems and making recommendations for action
* Influencing and shaping strategy international Network strategy
* Validating data; Identifying underlying causes of data discrepancies
* Articulating insights to senior management
* Optimizing existing data environments and creating new datasets
* Proactively identifying ways to improve processes and procedures
* Supporting change management strategy within lines of business
* Driving an environment of risk controls; escalating issues to senior management as needed
* Understanding the payments industry and staying abreast of current market environment and trends
* 3+ years experience in the Consumer Payments industry (Issuing, Acquiring, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, or Network Operations)
* 4+ years experience in data analytics and modeling skills, including strong proficiency with Excel
* Working knowledge of payment network fees and interchange
* Background in billing reconciliations
* Superior attention to details and process / project management skills
* Strong presentation (oral and written) skills. Ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a concise and relevant manner to all staff levels, including senior management
* Strong personal time management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively organize tasks and motivate individuals (internal and external) around initiatives
* Working knowledge of Analytical Tools / Coding (SQL, SAS, R, Hadoop)
* Background in Consulting, Strategy, Investment Banking or other analytical client services role preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...