YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
To manage, influence and lead large, complex strategic initiatives and objectives. These large-scale efforts may comprise parallel projects and require knowledge of organizational objectives and competing priorities. Provides a forward thinking industry perspective to plan, manage and implement strategy and tactical plans. Ensures effectiveness of programs through applications of active change management techniques and changing goals/priorities. Ensures the effective balancing of talent and resourcing to meet project requirements. Ensures effective coordination, collaboration and management of projects within the team to include project design, testing, evaluation plans, timelines, and operational planning in support of key strategic initiatives.
• Provide overall leadership to large strategic projects or programs
• Ensure effective management of projects from inception through implementation
• Lead and coordinate the planning, scheduling, budgeting, and resourcing of projects to scope, identify risk exposure and remediation of non-compliance to standards
• Proactively work with internal clients and other business areas to create project plans with clear objectives, detailed tasks, accountabilities, timelines, and estimated budgets/corporate
• Assist with strategy development by providing assessments of project performance, skills requirements/needs and client needs
• Provide forward thinking technical expertise in current and emerging technologies, trends and practices
• Plan, develop and implement standards, communications, programs and services according to best practices
• Forecast initiatives to project strategic plan goals and assess current performance
• Lead large, advanced multidisciplinary projects & initiatives of considerable business risk & impact in accordance with Navy Federal's PPM standards
• Review project deliverables for quality, accuracy and compliance with Navy Federal policies and procedures
• Ensure project deliverables are met in accordance with customers' expectations, timelines & budget constraints
• Monitor key performance indicators, determine gaps in performance metrics, and recommend/execute change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements
• Select and manage vendors and contracts including contract development, monitoring and issue resolution; oversee contract quality assurance, budget and cost mechanisms
• Develop critical relationships with key technical/non-technical stakeholders to gain concurrence, input, execution and change management decisions
• Direct discovery and analysis of existing processes and key controls, and identifies future internal control trends or new standards
• Identify and resolve operational and performance gaps and obstacles; implement changes and improvements
• Stay abreast of and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and industry laws, regulations and guidelines
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Master's Degree in Business Administration or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Extensive experience in collaborating across organizational boundaries and building partnerships across various functions
• Develop, implement, and evaluate organizational change management strategies/solutions and consult with business unit senior management and executives
• Extensive experience in project leadership and execution, including initiatives with technology, processes, cross-functional teams and external partner team members
• Expertise within specialization to highly complex assignments through extensive experience of industry and subject area providing recommendations to business practices/processes and related technologies
• Expert skill in building strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership
• Significant experience in working effectively with diverse internal and external contacts
• Extensive experience leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
• Extensive experience in client/vendor management to achieve strategic/tactical goals and implementation
• Extensive experience in vendor risk management and oversight
• Advanced skill in extensive information systems analysis and research
• Expert verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced analytical thinking skills to include summarizing information and clearly identifying key elements, patterns, results or relationships
• Expert skill resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements
• Expert skill in project management to include establishing and leading project teams; managing timelines/deadlines/resources; ensuring successful project implementation
• Expert knowledge of project lifecycles and management methodologies
• Significant experience in IT resource allocation and management
• Desired - Navy Federal Project Portfolio Management (PPM) knowledge
• Desired - PPM Certification or the equivalent experience
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...