As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Mastery in at least two or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery
* Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains
* Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
* Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
* Hands on experience working with Big Data tools and frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, Avro, Hive and Impala
* In-depth knowledge of streaming technologies like Kafka, Kinesis or Spark Streaming
* Exposure to building highly scalable and resilient applications on cloud technologies like AWS, GCP or Azure
* Exposure to Object Oriented Design and programming in Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and Oracle database.
* Ability to collaborate and design solutions including conceptual, logical and physical data models
* Proficient in one of programming languages (Java, PERL, Python)
* A successful track record within DevOps, Infrastructure design and transformation roles
* Extensive hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based environments.
* Knowledge on containerization and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
* Experience with scripting and compiled languages, especially Bash, Python and C++.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet youJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...