This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Deep understanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation.
* Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Hands-on experience in managing operations of large-scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services serving tens to millions of end-users.
* Prior experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business.
* Have a software-centric mindset, look for automation opportunities to drive down toil, and reduce technical debt.
* Apply standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
* Understanding of Networking and cloud technologies, for example, Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols.
* As an SRE you have the responsibility of ensuring the reliability, availability, and performance of the cloud infrastructure and platform.
* Diagnose and repair issues using critical knowledge of cloud platform, OS, and application architecture.
* Automate repeated manual tasks, develop tools and automation to improve the efficiency of the platform and infrastructure.
* Develop monitoring and dashboards for observability and proactive alerting.
* Analyze defects, performance and develop solutions.
* Author and improve the quality of technical engineering documentation
* Provides quality control of engineering deliverables.
* Performs deployment, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the big data platforms in cloud environment
* Helps to develop new cloud engineering strategies and implementations for the firm
* Champion a DevOps model so that services are automated and elastic across all platforms
Participates in 24x7 SRE on-call rotations and escalation workflows.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field
* 5+ years of Enterprise Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, Azure, GCP) in a mission critical environment
* Experience building and operating Kubernetes clusters
* AWS/Google/Kubernetes cloud certification is highly desirable
* In-Depth OS experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows Server) with strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
* Experience in programming in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, PowerShell, shell scripting, GO
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Data Dog, Prometheus, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Grafana
* Strong working knowledge of modern development technologies and tools such Agile, CI/CD, Git, Terraform and Jenkins.
* Deep knowledge of Internet protocols and web services technologies such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/UDP, SOAP, JSON and REST
* Good understanding of networking protocols and cybersecurity best practices in cloud environment
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...