As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree with 5+ years of experience
* Strong Core Java and Java Web Application development knowledge.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
* Understanding of architecture and design across all system.
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets.
* Ability to collaborate with multiple high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
* Experience building REST and SOAP web services using Java, Spring.
* Can write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code and correctly employ design patterns.
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement.
* Experience performing server-side Java programming in a WebSphere/Tomcat environment.
* Know the TDD approach of designing micro services and writing JUnit test cases using any mocking framework, as well as good exposure to performance tuning java micro services.
* Good knowledge of NOSQL based databases like Cassandra and Relational DB preferred DB2.
* Exposure to any cloud platform, including knowledge of infrastructure, deployment and micro services management in cloud environments.
* Good knowledge of Kafka messaging system designing and implementation.
* Experience with IDE (Integrated Development Environment), including using Eclipse/IntelliJ for development and local testing/debugging and experience Running/debugging an application locally on a Tomcat instance.
* Experience with Build and Integration Tools, including knowledge of Jenkins, Maven, Git and BitBucket.
* Knowledge of Web Security is a plus including Cross Site Scripting and HTTP injection.
* Very interested and passionate about new technologies.
* Experienced in managing small team of Software Engineers, prioritizing tasks.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...