As a member of our Strategic Forecasting Program group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems using technology. We do that by building infrastructure that enables business users to automate their manually-intensive processes. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
In the Strategic Forecasting Program group, we develop a platform that enables developers and business users throughout the firm to develop, deploy, test, and execute forecasting models for regulatory and budget purposes. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for:
* Writing and reviewing code
* Designing, developing, and maintaining extensible platforms and solutions and providing leadership and guidance around software design and architecture
* Owning the product areas that you are passionate about and solving major customer pain
* Helping your team self-organize and create software development processes and practices that work best for you and your teammates
* Growing and mentoring software engineers and working with them to identify, design, prototype, and evaluate new projects and features
* Work closely with product teams to understand requirements and identify opportunities to improve business processes through software automation
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Strong working knowledge of Python
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets, such as Git, JIRA, CI/CD software, and an IDE
* Understanding of RESTful APIs and backend architecture
* Experience working on and designing complex software systems
* Experience mentoring junior software developers
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices such as code review, following standards, build processes, testing, operations, and application security standards
* Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Kanban, or Scrum
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Meets JPMC code of conduct standards
* 3+ years of experience designing and maintaining software systems for scalability, performance, and reliability
* Excellence in communication with technical and nontechnical peers
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...