As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure) and minor application bugs and issues
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Participate in on-call support coverage as needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a Site Reliability or software engineering discipline
* Mastery in at least one or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery
* Knowledge of Unix scripting, PL/SQL
* Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains
* Advanced knowledge of modern systems design(e.g. cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization etc.)
* Experience with open source monitoring platforms including Prometheus, Jaeger, Grafana etc. beneficial
* Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans