At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich peoples lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work.
Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy!
We are seeking a leader to help build a foundational data warehouse and associated management capabilities with accountability for defining and delivering a differentiated set of data products. This role serves as a technical manager of a data engineering team, responsible for driving the development, execution, and continuous improvement of new and existing datastores, capabilities, and processes. You will directly enable both our customer facing products and internal teams of analysts, business users, and data scientists.
A successful candidate will have previous experience leading teams of engineers and data architects, designing data warehousing systems and products, and creating data models for reporting and analytics on Snowflake or similar data stores. They will also have experience leveraging traditional ETL and data generation technologies as well as a keen understanding of distributed data storage and processing technologies such as Spark, Kafka, EMR, and Hadoop.
Within Ad Platforms, we are constantly building and deploying new products crafted to provide amazing user experiences for our customers and drive value for developers and publishers. We are looking for you to guide the evolution of our data warehouse capabilities in order to meet the growing scale and complexity challenges in what we deliver.
You will lead the building a data warehouse that delivers on Apple's privacy commitments to our customers, designed to change the way advertising works with data.
- Lead the design and instantiation of a privacy first data warehouse capability to enable online and offline consumption of data by various stakeholders
- Define and institute best practices in data warehouse storage, governance, processing, copy/synchronization, lifecycle management, etc. appropriate to the scale and maturity of our products
- Work with cross functional teams to prototype new concepts and deliver end-to-end systems in a sprint based agile setting
- Produce high quality processes that lead to the productive use of data systems with excellent reliability and scalability
- Requires a strong understanding of the intersection between business, analytics, and engineering resulting in a proactive approach, focusing on reusable solutions, to improve efficiency and time to insight
- A passion to reinforce and enrich an engineering team culture, driving team engagement and happiness!
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...