Near New York, NY
Created Nov 8, 2019
The short & sweet summary.
Twine helps companies like Evernote, Birchbox, and DollarShaveClub make smarter people decisions by using predictive analytics and visualizations that replace their clunky HR systems.
We’re a fast-growing SaaS company - growing 30% month-over-month and backed by industry leaders like Adam Grant, founders of billion dollar companies, and Sand Hill Road VCs.
Now we’re looking for full-stack engineers who want massive impact and incredible growth opportunities in a rapidly scaling team. We’ll give you as much opportunity as you can handle. This will be a transformational, career-defining choice for you (and for us!) as Twine continues to grow.
What you’ll be doing.
- Learn from excellent engineers a small, highly-collaborative team. You’ll join a world-class team, including engineers with 10+ years of startup experience and advisors who are founders/CTOs of billion-dollar companies.
- Drive ambitious technical projects that immediately impact our users. Some upcoming projects: interactive data visualizations (React/D3), API integrations (Python/Airflow), and predictive notifications and alerts (pandas/numpy).
- Grow incredibly quickly as our company scales. As an early team member, you’ll have massive ownership and a steep learning curve. You’ll pick up new responsibilities as you grow, and work directly with the founders.
What you’ve done.
- You’ve built complex, modern web applications. You’ve built and maintained web applications with complex data requirements. You’ve also led at least one significant project or technical initiative.
- You’ve worked on a high-velocity product team. You understand how to build systems that enable fast product iteration. You’re comfortable weighing trade-offs between functionality, quality, and technical debt. (You may have been an early engineer/technical cofounder at an early-stage company.)
- You've recognized and advocated for technical excellence. You strive to be a world-class engineer. You understand the discipline and craft of software development, you invest in learning and tooling, and you insist on technical excellence from yourself and your teammates.
More about Twine.
Our founders: Our CEO, Joseph, spent years immersed in people analytics research and the "quantified self" movement at Wharton & Berkeley, and helped found an innovation team at Nike that grew 10X in a year. He’s a Forbes 30 Under 30 recipient. Our CTO, Nikhil, studied physics & CS at Harvard and has spent a decade building products in data analytics and machine learning.
Our investors: We’ve raised millions from Silicon Valley VCs and angel investors who have founded billion-dollar companies. Some of these people include MuleSoft founder/CTO Ross Mason, author/professor Adam Grant, and Google/Facebook product visionary Gokul Rajaram.
- Be intellectually curious and humble. Have an insatiable desire to learn, not to be right - be a “learn-it-all,” not a know-it-all. Have strong convictions, but listen to and learn from others.
- Believe in exceptional outcomes. Believe that ordinary people can do incredible things with the right attitude and will. Be positive, inspiring, and optimistic. (At the same time, acknowledge the demanding work ethic and drive required for success.)
- Get it done. Focus on rapid learning and execution, and be willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute any way possible. Be indomitably resourceful, drive through obstacles, and deliver on goals.
- Help others be great. Treat your teammates, customers, and partners with respect and kindness. Seek to have positive impact on others in all interactions.