Rickley Consulting Partners, LLC
Near Phoenix, AZ
Created Nov 9, 2019
Our client in Phoenix, AZ is looking for a Data Scientist to join their team! The Data Scientist is responsible for providing new insights from predictive statistical modeling activities, advanced data analyses, and specialized analytical support for business operations. The Data Scientist will work directly with large amounts of structured and unstructured data from different sources to create meaningful analyses, discover insights and identify opportunities for various business units within the organization.
This client offers amazing salary and bonus plan, benefits, 401K, retirement pensions, great PTO and more!
This person will :
- Consult with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand business needs and operations, goals and objectives and key drivers for performance.
- Work closely with the business units to complete data analytics efforts. Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, partners and vendors.
- Identify available and relevant data and the data sources.
- Collaborate with SMEs, data stewards and architects for data collection, preparation, integration, quality, exploration and retention.
- Gather data, formulate cluster or nodes and establish performance checks on the large data models.
- Design and implementation of solutions including data acquisition, storage, transformation, and analysis
- Design, develop and deploy innovative models. Provide insights from predictive statistical modeling activities. Test theories by creating models and experimenting with data.
- Design models, algorithms and visualizations that help distill insights from huge volumes of chaotic data.
- Modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques using existing or new frontend reporting & analytics tools.
- Play key role in turning data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions.
- Propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches and validate findings using experimental and iterative approaches.
- Understand data transforming platforms and technologies and maintain a knowledge of discipline maturity.
- Present findings to the business in a way that can be easily understood by business counterparts.
- Make recommendations based on business requirements and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Make technical decisions on advanced analytics initiatives.
- Utilize programming language, such as R, Python, SQL, .net, Java or C++ to evoke the data from data source and model
- Familiarity with Cloud structure and building, utilizing cloud technologies
- Performing data acquisition using JSon, SQL, ODBC, JScript, or API for Big Data extracts
- Transform and utilize streaming data with programming languages such as: KAFKA, SQL, Spark, and/or Azure
- BS degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 8 years related business experience in analytics, data science, predictive modeling, machine learning, statistical modeling and/or user experience role OR advanced degree in Data Science, Business Analytics or directly related discipline and 6 years related business
- Possesses a combination of strong analytical and problem-solving skills and programming knowledge.
- Strong understanding of data analytics methods and tools like R Programming, Python and SQL.
- Expertise in extracting and transforming large datasets.
- Proficient at integrating and preparing large varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments/platforms, and communicating results.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
- Masters or Doctorate degrees in related fields.
- Knowledge/experience in utility industry and business functions.
- Certification in Data Science and/or predictive analytics