You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Working in the healthcare industry you will be familiar with the various relevant standards and their implementation as relates to software releases. Where necessary youll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing releases processes for code through development, test, staging and production environments. The Release Manager constantly collaborates with all participants in software development and is supportive of the developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
This position also works with Engineering and DevOps management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with the latest methods of continuous development, integration, deployment, and updates of software and related environments.
The Release Management responsibilities also include building the IT Release Calendar in working closely with the various managers and centralizing view of all releases. Leads the effort of defining the strategic direction for release management tools for the organization to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with development engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Work closely with the DevOps group to implement and execute release tools and best practices.
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development of configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
Skills, Experience and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-4 years of previous release and/or project management experience, specifically in CI/CD environments
- Experience in AWS and cloud environments designed for build, storage, and deployment of artifacts
- 4+ years of experience in information systems in an operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Strong experience with Git, Jenkins, and other CI/CD related tools
- Experience in related scripting technologies, primarily bash
- Proven experience in working in an Agile/Scrum environment and the associated tools
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and tools
- Terraform experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
Salucro is a company that is changing the way people make healthcare payments. Salucro is a high-growth software and service company specializing in payment solutions for the $800B self-pay healthcare market. We are seeking dynamic and talented people to join our agile team and take responsibility for building the next generation of our innovative products in a highly secure network infrastructure and environment.
Please note that this position is onsite at our corporate office in Phoenix, Arizona. Background and drug screening required prior to employment. Salary/Wage range is competitive and will be discussed with the hiring manager prior to employment. Salucro is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.